Rock Band/Song Writing
July 18-24, 2021
Designed for teen vocalists and instrumentalists, this program focuses on developing individual performance skills in a rock band setting, and lays the groundwork for writing your own songs. Daily schedule includes band rehearsals, like-instrument classes, improvisation, theory, and rock history.
All students are encouraged to explore song writing at their own level, but covering songs will be common. The final concert will feature all bands.
Final Concert Schedule
- For students completing grades 6-12.
- 2 years minimum experience on primary instrument.
- Prior experience performing in a rock band is not required.
- Secondary instruments welcome.
- Resident - $750 (tuition, room and board)
- Commuter - $550 (tuition and lunch only)
Rock Band Daily Schedule
- 8:15- 9:15 am: Band rehearsal
- 9:30- 10:30 am: Musical Concepts (Rhythm, Ear Training, Music Theory)
- 10:45- 11:45 am: Master Classes
- Noon- 1:15 pm: Lunch
- 1:15- 2:15 pm: Band Rehearsal
- 2:30-3:30 pm: Band rehearsal/jam session
- 3:45- 4:45 pm: Electives
- 5:15 pm: Dinner and evening activities
- 10:30: Lights out
Brandon Washington, Director, New Souls
Mike Ingram, Assistant Director, New Souls