Rock Band/Song Writing
Designed for teen vocalists and instrumentalists, this program focuses on developing individual performance skills in a rock band setting, and lays the groundwork for writing your own songs. Daily schedule includes band rehearsals, like-instrument classes, improvisation, theory, and rock history.
July 19 - 25
All students are encouraged to explore song writing at their own level, but covering songs will be common. The final concert will feature all bands.
Final Concert Schedule
- For students completing grades 6-12.
- 2 years minimum experience on primary instrument.
- Prior experience performing in a rock band is not required.
- Secondary instruments welcome.
- Resident - $750 (tuition, room and board)
- Commuter - $550 (tuition and lunch only)
Rock Band Daily Schedule
- 8:15- 9:15 am: Band rehearsal
- 9:30- 10:30 am: Musical Concepts (Rhythm, Ear Training, Music Theory)
- 10:45- 11:45 am: Master Classes
- Noon- 1:15 pm: Lunch
- 1:15- 2:15 pm: Band Rehearsal
- 2:30-3:30 pm: Band rehearsal/jam session
- 3:45- 4:45 pm: Electives
- 5:15 pm: Dinner and evening activities
- 10:30: Lights out
Brandon Washington, Director, New Souls
Mike Ingram, Assistant Director, New Souls