Junior High Orchestras
July 11-17, 2021
Designed for junior high string students, the primary focus of this program is developing individual musicianship through a large ensemble setting. Students will audition and be placed in either the Junior Orchestra or Junior Strings. Classes include full ensemble and sectional rehearsals, masterclasses, and elective courses. Wind and percussion students must sign up for Junior Band, and placement into Junior Orchestra will be based on audition during the first day of camp. Wind and percussion students that place highest in auditions and indicate interest will be selected to perform exclusively in the Junior Orchestra during their camp experience.
- For students completing grades 5-8.
- Resident - $700 (tuition, room and board)
- Commuter - $500 (tuition and lunch only)
On opening Sunday, all string students will have a brief audition to determine placement within large ensembles. Sightreading and scales may be required. Please see below for Orchestra Audition Music.
- Winds, brass, and percussion should refer to the Junior Bands program page for audition information.
- 8:15- 10:30 am: Full Orchestra Rehearsal
- 10:45- 11:45 am: Sectionals
- Noon- 1:15 pm: Lunch
- 1:15- 2:15 pm: Full Orchestra Rehearsal
- 2:30-3:30 pm: Technique Class
- 3:45- 4:45 pm: Electives
- 5:15 pm: Dinner and evening activities
- 10:30: Lights out
Aaron Kaplan, Glenbrook North and Glenbrook South High Schools
Rodney Mueller, Champaign Centennial High School (retired)