July 7-13, 2019 | For students completing grades 5 – 9
Adrienne Wiley, Coordinator
Designed for junior high pianists at intermediate levels of performance. Classes include private lessons, development of individual artistry, and elective classes including: ensemble music, accompanying and beginning jazz improvisation. Recitals, topic classes, and masterclasses complete the curriculum. Practice time is available in the same state-of-the-art facilities used by piano majors at the University.
On the first day, students play two contrasting, memorized pieces and sight-read easier short excerpts. This helps determine placement in lessons and classes. Though the audition requirements are the same for all piano programs, repertoire is chosen based on the student¹s ability and level of advancement.
Here is what a typical day in the Junior Piano Program looks like:
- 8:15- 8:20 am: Meet with Instructor
- 8:20-9:45 am: Individual practice/ lessons
- 10:00- 10:45 am: Piano Elective Classes
- 11:00- 11:45am: Special Programs/Master Classes
- Noon- 1:00: lunch
- 1:00- 1:05 pm: Meet with Instructor
- 1:05-3:15 pm: Individual Practice/Lessons
- 3:20-3:30: Meet briefly with Instructor
- 3:45-4:45 pm: Electives
- 5:15 pm: Dinner and evening activities
- 10:30 pm- lights out
Click Here for Program Costs.
Adrienne Wiley, Central Michigan University