Junior High Chorus
July 12-18, 2020
Designed for junior high vocalists, the primary focus of this program is developing individual musicianship through a choral ensemble setting. Classes include full ensemble and sectional rehearsals, music theory and appreciation, group voice lessons, conducting, and musicianship.
Sopranos: apply as early as possible as enrollment is limited.
- For students completing grades 6-8.
- Resident - $700 (tuition, room and board)
- Commuter - $500 (tuition and lunch only)
On Opening Sunday, each student will take a voice-placement audition with one of the choral section leaders. The purpose of this audition is to place you in the appropriate section (soprano, alto, tenor or bass) and to determine your placement in one of the chamber ensembles.
Typical Junior Chorus Daily Schedule
- 8:00- 8:40 am: Sectionals
- 8:45- 10:00 am: Full Rehearsal
- 10:15- noon: Choral Electives
- Noon- 1:00: lunch
- 1:15- 2:10 pm:Ensemble Rehearsal
- 2:00- 3:35 pm:Full Rehearsal
- 3:45-4:45 pm: Electives
- 5:15 pm: Dinner and evening activities
- 10:30 pm- lights out
Julia Beer, Normal, Illinois