Junior High Bands
July 12-18, 2020
Designed for junior high students who play wind, brass and percussion instruments, the primary focus of this program is developing individual musicianship through a large ensemble setting. During the week of , students who express an interest in orchestra will be considered for placement in the Junior Orchestra instead of band. Classes include full ensemble and sectional rehearsals, master classes, and elective courses.
- For students completing grades 5-8.
- Resident - $700 (tuition, room and board)
- Commuter - $500 (tuition and lunch only)
On opening Sunday, students will have a brief audition to determine placement within large ensembles. The week of July 7, some wind players will also be placed in the Junior Orchestra based on this audition. Audition material varies by program and may include sight-reading.
Typical Junior Bands Schedule:
- 8:15- 10:30 am: Full Band Rehearsal
- 10:45- 11:45 am: Sectionals
- Noon- 1:15 pm: Lunch
- 1:15- 2:15 pm: Full Band Rehearsal
- 2:30-3:30 pm: Technique Class
- 3:45- 4:45 pm: Electives
- 5:15 pm: Dinner and evening activities
- 10:30: Lights out
Conductors for 2020(to be announced at a later date)
Junior Symphonic Band-
Junior Concert Band-