INFORMATION FOR RESIDENT CAMPERS
(LIVING IN THE RESIDENCE HALL)
- BEDDING/TOILETRIES, ETC: Bed linens, blankets, bath towels, washcloths, pillows and pillowcases are furnished.
- Resident students will need to bring their own toiletries (tooth brush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, etc.,). Please mark towels and articles of clothing, etc. New towels can be requested once a week at the front desk.
- Laundry facilities are available at ISR and there is no charge to use them. If you plan to do laundry during your stay at ISYM, please bring your own washing machine soap.
- Participants are encouraged to bring an alarm clock.
- It can be chilly in the air-conditioned dorms; it’s highly recommended that you bring an extra blanket or comforter from home.
- Keys will be returned at checkout or a lost key fee of $50 per key will be due at that time.
- Illinois Street Residence Halls have been renovated and now feature “individual use” bathrooms with toilet, sink and shower in a lockable room.
MAIL – Any mail addressed to students should be sent to:
c/o ILLINOIS SUMMER YOUTH MUSIC
1114 WEST NEVADA ST
URBANA, IL, 61801.
Mail should be sent to arrive after the opening of camp. Do not send mail to the Illinois Street Residence Hall.
Folding music stand (Instrumentalists)
Shower shoes (flip flops)
Shower caddy for soap, shampoo, conditioner etc.
Extra blanket, pillows or comforter (It can be cold in the dorms!)
White dress shirt for concert
Black concert pants/skirt
Dark concert shoes and socks
Rolling luggage cart/shoulder strap for larger instruments
Backpack or side bag
Comfortable walking shoes
1 Dressy outfit for evening concert
Spending Money (no more than $8-10 dollars per day is needed)
Card games, small board games for free-time
Cell phone and charger
Extra reeds, valve/slide oil, mutes, strings, rosin
Necessary daily medications