Registration and Check-Out Procedures
Below are general Registration and Check-Out Procedures. ISYM Administration will provide more detailed instructions on arriving to camp a few weeks before your arrival!
Early/Late Arrivals and Late Departures
- Early Arrival/Late Departure (For Dorms): If you absolutely must arrive early or leave late from ISYM, you need to let us know 3 weeks prior to the start of your session. We need to know your approximate arrival or leave time, and your travel arrangements. Please be aware that there is a $25 fee to spend extra nights in the dorm. Please contact the ISYM office (email@example.com) to make necessary arrangements. Students who arrive early should check in at the PAR Main Office. Payment for the extra night(s) must be remitted at the time of arrival. Make checks payable to: University of Illinois. The student will be housed in the room that they will occupy during the upcoming session. ISYM counselors will be responsible for the student after check-in on the first day of camp. If arriving early or leaving late, students will be on their own for meals. A counselor will be on call for emergencies. Middle school students staying between two sessions will have counselor supervision and be escorted to meals. Please Note: Meal service begins with dinner of the first day of camp.
- Late Arrivals: Please let ISYM administration know if you plan on arriving late. We will arrange for a late audition. If a student is late due to unforeseen circumstances, a late audition will also be offered. If the late audition occurs after the first rehearsal, students will be placed at the bottom of the appropriate section (e.g. Violin 2, Clarinet 1) since solos may already have been assigned in the first rehearsal. Any changes in section seating will be discussed with the ensemble director and explained to the section to avoid confusion among the entire section as to why students are being reseated. All students auditioning late will receive warm up time.
- Plan on arriving at ISYM between 8-9 am the Sunday of your program. Refer to Final Registration Day Information for specific details.
General Registration Schedule
A specific registration day schedule will be sent to you a few weeks before your arrival.
- 8:00-10:30 am: Audition Check-in at KCPA Lobby.
- 9:00-11:00 am: ISYM Auditions. Location and time assigned in audition registration line.
- 9:00- noon: ISYM dorm registration and check-in at PAR.
- 11:30 am: ISYM Parent Meeting. Location TBD.
- 12:15 pm: Lunch on your own.
- 1:45 pm: Meet on your floor with Counselors. Parents are free to leave at this point.
- 2:30 pm: Campus Tour for all campers.
- 3:30 pm: First Rehearsals/Meetings.
- 5:15 pm: First Head check and dinner. First meal provided by ISYM.
General Check-Out Procedures
- 7:00 am – 9:00 am Dorm Check-out period (All students must be checked out of their room before 9:00 am)
- 10:00 am- 3:00 pm: Final Concerts. Concert schedules will be listed online and included in your final statement/instructions packet.
- If a parent is unable to pick up a student prior to 12 pm, luggage may be stored in room PAR 111A.