Parent Meeting: All parents/guardians are encouraged to attend the parent meeting on the first day. The time of this meeting will be announced in the final instructions packet.
Pick-up & Drop-Offs: At the first Sunday rehearsal, students will receive a daily schedule. Please reference the daily schedule for first and last class/rehearsal locations.
- Please bring your participant to first class/rehearsal location (as listed on the daily schedule) each morning between 7:45-8:15 depending on the start time of your child’s camp. Be sure to reference the Daily Downbeat that is emailed to parents for important information regarding each day of camp.
- Please pick-up your ISYM commuter at last rehearsal/class location at the end of each day at 4:45 pm, unless staying for the evening activity. Commuters may not be in PAR after 10:00 pm each evening.
- Rehearsals, Sectionals, Masterclasses, etc. are held from 8:00 am – 4:45 pm. Attendance is required.
- Evening activities: Attendance is strongly encouraged. These are open and free to commuter students and their parents. Students will need money to play arcade games or purchase anything on Green Street. Commuter students attending the evening activity should be at the 6:30 pm head check of their assigned floor. If they are not at the 6:30 headcheck, it’s assumed the participant will not be attending the evening activity.
Instrument Storage: Participants may store large instruments in MB 0360.
- Commuters may purchase meals for the PAR Dining Hall through ISYM at a reduced rate.
- No refunds will be given under any circumstances for pre-purchased meal cards.
- Meal cards may be purchased from the ISYM Counseling Office on Registration Day and throughout the week. Lunches are included in the commuter rate. Breakfast and dinner options are available.
- Brown bag lunches may be eaten in the PAR Lounges; please do not eat in any other room. Commuters without a meal ticket will not be admitted to the cafeteria.
- Participants will be provided with a list of local restaurants should they choose to eat outside of PAR.
- Driving your own car to camp is permitted if you have a license to do so.
- Commuters may not offer or give rides to other ISYM participants.
- ISYM does not provide parking. Metered parking is located around campus. You may purchase a meter pass for $12.00 per day (subject to change) from the UI Parking Division. The information from the UI Parking Division is online at http://www.parking.illinois.edu/permits/day-meter-permit
- ISYM is not responsible for any fines incurred while parking on campus