Rock Band/Song Writing
July 15 - 21, 2018
For students completing grades 6 - 12
Designed for teen vocalists and instrumentalists, this program focuses on developing individual performance skills in a rock band setting, and lays the groundwork for writing your own songs. Daily schedule includes band rehearsals, like-instrument classes, improvisation, theory, and rock history.
All students are encouraged to explore song writing at their own level, but covering songs will be common. The final concert will feature all bands.
- 2 years minimum experience on primary instrument.
- Prior experience performing in a rock band is not required.
- Secondary instruments welcome.
Space is limited, so apply early!
Here is what a typical day in the Rock Band program will look like:
- 8:15- 9:15 am: Band rehearsal
- 9:30- 10:30 am: Musical Concepts (Rhythm, Ear Training, Music Theory)
- 10:45- 11:45 am: Master Classes
- Noon- 1:15 pm: Lunch
- 1:15- 2:15 pm: Band Rehearsal
- 2:30-3:30 pm: Band rehearsal/jam session
- 3:45- 4:45 pm: Electives
- 5:15 pm: Dinner and evening activities
- 10:30: Lights out
Click Here for Program Costs.
Program Faculty Artists:
Brandon Washington, Coordinator
Mike Ingram, Assistant Director