What to Bring
Before you come to ISYM, make sure your instrument is in working order!
Concert band percussionists should bring their own sticks and mallets.
Drummers in Rock Band or Jazz should bring sticks, cymbals and a rug, and may elect to bring their own throne.
All participants should plan on bringing the following:
- Medical Form (if not already sent)
- Alarm clock
- Shower shoes (flip flops)
- Towel and shower caddy for soap, shampoo, etc.
- Extra blanket or comforter, blankets and sheets provided (It can be cold in the dorms!)
- White dress shirt for concert
- Black concert pants/skirt
- Dark concert shoes and socks
- Swimsuit (optional)
- Rolling luggage cart/shoulder strap for larger instruments
- Backpack or side bag
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Dressy outfit for evening concert
- Spending money (no more than $8-10 dollars per day is needed)
- Card games, small board games for free-time
- Cell phone and charger or pre-paid phone card
- Instrumentalists: folding music stand
- Extra reeds, valve/slide oil, mutes, strings
- Pencils for rehearsals